All roofs develop damage over time. Whether it is caused by debris, weather, poor installation or simply time, no roof is immune.
If you think the only remedy for your damaged roof is a full tear-off and replacement, you could be mistaken. A commercial roof restoration may be the answer you have been looking for.
A restoration involves the use of fluid applied materials either rolled or sprayed directly onto your existing roofing system. The entire roof is covered, including flashings, protrusions like HVAC vents, and even the parapet walls.
The fluid seeps into miniscule imperfections, leaks and other damaged areas. As the fluid dries it forms an unbroken, monolithic layer of seamless waterproof protection. Since the primary location of leak development is at the seams, you can clearly see the value.
Benefits of a Restoration
A commercial roof restoration offers so many benefits, paring them down to just a few is tremendously difficult.
- Seamless. As noted, the lack of seams virtually eliminates the risk of leak development.
- Durable. Fluid applied restoration systems are resistant to UV damage and the ravages of weather conditions.
- Longevity. Properly applied and maintained, a restoration can add a decade or more to your existing roofing system.
- Renewable. Restorations can be reapplied as needed, assuming the underlying roofing structure remains in good condition. Not only is the roof renewed, so is the warranty!
- Cost Effective. Significantly less expensive than the old tear-off and replace option.
- Energy Efficient. Restoration options include systems that can reflect up to 85% of solar heat away from the roof, reducing your cooling costs and HVAC loads.
- Environmentally Sound. Elimination of waste in our landfills, reduced electricity consumption and reduced hot house gas emissions are all benefits of roof restoration systems.
- Timely Application. No down time for your business is required.
- Versatile. Though most frequently applied to flat or low-slope roofs, almost all substrates are appropriate for a restoration option.
Not all roofs are good candidates for a commercial roof restoration. To see if yours qualifies, call the experts at Glick Roofing Systems today and schedule a consultation with one of our professionals.
There are many restoration options in the industry. At Glick Roofing Systems, we believe the fluid-applied options are simply the best. We specialize in both coating and spray foam restoration options.
The term “coatings” covers an array of options. The most common are urethane and acrylic coatings. Urethane coatings are tough and durable, while acrylic coatings are highly reflective and stand up well to UV radiation and chemical/environmental contaminants. Frequently the 2 will be utilized together in a base coat/topcoat combination.
Also known as spray polyurethane foam or SPF, spray foam begins life as 2 different liquids. As they are sprayed they intermix, and an exothermic (heat releasing) chemical reaction occurs, causing the “foaming” action. Spray foam expands up to 30x in volume. Seeping into cracks, crevices, and tiny imperfections, sealing them tightly. Another benefit to spray foam is that it reduces thermal fluctuations, keeping a building warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer.
To learn more about commercial roof restorations, their benefits and if your business could benefit, call our friendly staff at 615-265-0598 and ask for a consultation with an expert. We look forward to working with you.